Help us make the 2023 conference a success and sign up to become a volunteer! Volunteers are an essential part of our homesteading conference. We are better organized this year, and we hope that we are better able to plug volunteers in to tasks and roles.
There is a link below that will take you to a required application. You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application. We will be in touch with applicants in the next couple of months to confirm attendance and placement (it could be as late as early August - we appreciate your patience).
- Completion of the volunteer application is not a guarantee of volunteer placement.
- Each volunteer is required to work one half-day shift, which is up to 5 hours on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- Volunteers receive free admission to the regular conference sessions (valued at $45, weekend ticket) but this does not include admission to separate ticketed events; such as the hog roast meal, or specialized intensive workshop trainings.
- You will receive a wristband in your volunteer bag that indicates you have a weekend conference pass just like other attendees. Wristbands are color coded to indicate what type of ticket an attendee has. You can check in at the conference table, and you will pick up your volunteer bag at the volunteer table in the main vendor hall.
- Please be aware: Morning shifts can begin as early as 6 a.m. and volunteers can be on their feet for 5 hours or more.
If you're concerned that you won't be selected as a volunteer but want to make sure you can attend the conference, we recommend that you purchase a ticket in advance. Please note that we will not be able to refund ticket sales.
If you have physical limitations, please take those into consideration when selecting your volunteer choices. If you have limitations, please tell us in the comments section of the application to clarify the requirements for the position you’re requesting. We will do our best to accommodate our volunteers.
- One application per volunteer.
- Must be 18 years old to apply.
- If you have children attending with you, they must stay with a guardian during your shift.
- You must be able to stand or walk for up to 6 hours to volunteer. Other physical capabilities may be required depending on the position chosen.
- If you do not show up for your scheduled shift(s) after collecting your admittance wristband you will be invoiced for the cost of a weekend pass ticket for your attendance of the event. Wristbands for volunteers will be picked up at the volunteer table inside the Vendor Hall/Marketplace.